20 November 2007

amazon..

is normally a friend. but today it's made itself a foe.

so i was doing a little christmas shopping online last night, and found a fun gift for my nephew. put it in my amazon cart [at least i thought], but ended up deciding on something else instead, on a different site.

lo and behold, this morning there's a receipt from amazon in my email inbox, saying i purchased the rejected gift, and they were charging me more in shipping than the product itself cost.

pretty much not fun. orders like that can only be cancelled up to 90 minutes after they've been placed.. and i didn't even know my computer had purchased it until 12 hours later. amazon gave me no inclination that i had placed the order, no 'purchase complete' page, no shipping rate options, nothing.

so the moral of the story is: live somewhere with shopping nearby so you don't have to shop online.

guess my nephew gets two presents instead of one!

No comments: