14 April 2009

make a joyful noise.

long ago, in a land far away [minnesota], i used to work with a guy named scotty. scotty was a cook, and did a decent job. and you know, scotty had a very interesting habit. it just so happened that whenever anyone even hinted at whistling, scotty would unconsciously begin whistling right along. no particular tune, just whistling. 
i am a pretty avid whistler [how's that for a sweet hobby?], and find myself almost constantly either humming, singing, or whistling throughout the day. so this morning as i walked home in the glorious sunshine, a tune sprung onto my lips and i whistled merrily along. just then i passed a man on a bicycle, and i think he must have been somehow distantly related with scotty. for as we passed, he picked up and whistled along quite merrily himself.


1 comment:

Theresa Rypstra said...

I love to hum. Jean McClure was at our house I didn't realize that I had been humming when she declared, "You're a hummer!" I sort of was embarassed, but it only lasted briefly as I continued to smile and hum while setting the table.
Whistle on my friend...it brings cheer to wherever you are.
"A joyful heart brings good medicine." Prov 17:22a