01 June 2010

attempt #2: fail/success.

so, i got to the airport, flight was still good, got through security, ate my turkey sandwich, and.......

"ladies and gentlemen, the flight to chicago is cancelled" [my personal adaptation]

...and i'm not kidding! two days in a row this flight has been cancelled! yesterday due to weather, today due to maintenance problems.

...

so, i went back downstairs, where all the american airlines folks knew me as "the frankfurt girl," and they computed and checked, and finally printed off tickets for me to get there!

bit of a change of plans: i'm flying to chicago [as planned] on united [not as planned], then to london [not planned] in business class [big not planned but totally ok with me!], then to frankfurt [as planned] on british [not planned], and i'll be arriving about 5 hours later.
BUT i'm going to get there!

i'm not really stressed at all, which is good. at this point in the game, i'm still somewhat starbucks-caffeinated, and wryly amused. i'm just along for the ride!

and just for the record, the free internet in the airport has proven to be the most convenient part of my trip thus far. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I know the plans I have for you...for good and not for evil...for a future and a hope."

"A man makes his plans, but the Lord directs his steps."

Guess the right trip wasn't on Expedia afterall!

Love you, Mom
ps. By now I know you're there. :)