07 February 2011

postage stamps.

postage stamps aren't quite as cheap as they once were.
when i was born they cost 22¢.
[i google everything.]
postage stamps now cost 44¢.

but postage stamps are wonderful.
let me tell you why.

1. receiving a personal piece of mail remains a thrill.
don't tell me you don't get excited when you see your name hand-written on a stamped envelope.
such stamped and hand-written envelopes enable a very particular sort of joy.

therefore, postage stamps probably give more than 42¢ of pleasure, because of the kindness sealed therein.

2. postage stamps remunerate happy mailmen.
don't tell me you don't enjoy that cheerful and pleasant-humored postal attendant at the post office.
and don't tell me you don't get excited when you see the mailman trudge across yards of snow to your very own mailbox.

postage stamps --> happy mailmen --> happy mail recipients.

3. postage stamps have kumquats on them.
at least mine do.


moral of story:
letters in the post trump emails, texts, facebook messages, wall posts, and "likes"..... significantly.
so go buy some postage stamps!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

i heart postage stamps! I collect used postage stamps... yes, used... let me know if you find this odd.

Aan-Sofie Guzik said...

I like postage stamps too! Because they got a very sweet Valentine from a dear friend to my door yesterday! Thank you so much darling! xx