17 March 2011

advent.

it is the advent of spring.
the reasons for this are: warm temperatures, melting snow, visible grass, growing flowers, muddy puddles, longer days.
i am a fan of all of the above.
visible proof/pictorial evidence:

look! grass!! two days ago this was not available for viewing.

[even more exciting]: tuuuuulips!!


it is also [roughly] the advent of "i have pictures on my blog again."
the reasons for this are:
I Took Some,
I Deleted A Lot Of Files So My Computer Lets Me Upload Things Again,
and I Conquered The Great Pictureless Dilemma Even Though I Cannot Get My New Hard Drive To Cooperate.

this morning i arose early, early [almost] as the sun, to bake some ciabatta. remember last time's adventure? the speckles? sad day.

no worrisome specks this time, thankfully. although the recipe for small ciabatta suggested an overly aggressive temperature, in my opinion.
here they are! baby ciabattas, baby baguettes, and a couple of bubbly, well, toad-breads.

check out the bubble on that thing! it's enormous! it's as big as the bread itself. too bad it burnt.

doesn't this bread look like a toad?

baguettes looked pretty good. i'm going to eat these with brie.

the first-devoured ciabatta. it was smothered in nutella and happily munched posthaste.
munched is kind of a strange word.

the healthy-breads-in-five-minutes-a-day loaf #2, from a couple weeks ago, which i remembered to score. 
it wasn't bad for whole wheat.

and the best for last:
my new italian polyphonic keyboard. it sounds like an accordian.

happy thursday! i'm working all day, but i hope you get to enjoy the advent of spring.
xo.

ps. platelets are at 229k! ptl.

1 comment:

VL said...

wish i could hear you play those beautiful keys! miss you anne!