02 May 2012

childhood time bomb.

yesterday i cleaned out my closet, hardcore.
i unearthed things which have not seen the light of day since i put them there fourteen years ago.
[does it ever slightly bother you that you can have memories that are, you know, over 20 years old? ahh!]
my closet is narrow, dark and cavernous.
the clothes all hang in the front and there are shelves in the back.
the top shelf? that's where i found the treasures.
here is a slight glimpse of who i was about 18 years ago.
industriously crafty, making lesson plans, and creating things from tiny scraps.
i present to you my Clothespin Easter Story Set.

here are all the characters. notice everyone is made twice, with a sad and a happy face.  
Jesus is in blue, of course. and that's Mary, his mother. they are happy.
 Peter is in yellow. but oh no, he is sad!
 these little guys' names, according to my index card of notes, are Mark and Debbie, respectively.
i am not typically [ok, not ever] a "lol"er. but if i were, at this point i would insert a "lol". 
because i really did. i loled.
and this is Jesus on the cross. he is sad because His Father has forsaken Him, and because He is being crucified for all the sins of the world.
[but i know He's happy inside because He's doing God's will, and because He knows how the story will end!]
 to the left is Jesus in His burial cloths, and to the right- He Is Risen Indeed! and happy!
finding these little pins, which would mean nothing to anyone else, meant so much to me!
God's been doing a good work in me my entire life and here's a tiny bit of proof.
PS if anyone needs easter props next year..
and one last gem of the day... 
which also pretty much depicts my childhood!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am laughing so hard I have tears running down my face!

Sara said...

Mark and Debbie.....they've always been my favs. wait....
;)