20 June 2012

when you pray..

.."Lord, make me busy for you", He actually does take you seriously! I heard Cheryl Brodersen say that this spring, and again a few weeks ago, and well, she was telling the truth. And there's no better thing in the world than to be abiding in the Lord, being filled up and being poured out for His glory.

Tomorrow afternoon is our first Jr High Girls Discipleship! Please pray for open hearts as we open the Word together, and for sweet, sweet fellowship among us. I'm planning on about 6 girls in attendance. So excited!

Just received an opportunity to lead worship and share at a local girls' ministry next Thursday night. Please pray that the Lord uses me to encourage and edify and challenge these young ladies to seek His face.

Jamming with some friends on Friday.. can't wait.

Leading worship at our church's service in the state park this Sunday; praying that lots of people will come and receive from the Lord. Also, we're having a baptism! Praise the Lord for His faithful work in people's lives! And we're having a picnic! Please Jesus no thunderstorms!

If you need an amazing book to read on prayer, please don't pass go and don't collect $200 - just order If You Will Ask by Oswald Chambers from Amazon immediately!! I was just telling my mom about it today, and lo and behold, she found her mother's copy on the shelf. And get this, it was given to my grandma by her Sunday School teacher in 1938.. when she was only 8 years old! I want to be as awesome as that Sunday School teacher and build truth into kids' lives!! So, the Lord provides, from generation to generation. And the book? It's so good. It is the best book on prayer that I have ever read. It's all about Jesus. I love it. You need to read it too.

Sunday after the picnic I'm racing down south for a camp staff meeting, because teen camp is in two and a half weeks! I've been emailing with the other worship leader to get stuff prepared, so that'll be awesome, and I'm so excited for my evening cabin devotions with the girls. That's seriously my favourite part of the whole week, every time. Please pray that the Lord prepares the hearts of staff and campers and speaker, and that He is glorified in every single person who comes.

And last but not least, a little bit of Germany and California is coming my way in just over a week! An American guy who served down the road from us in Germany, who invited me many times to come down and lead worship at their church and youth group, who is now serving at the Bible College in CA, who is also moving his family back to Germany in the very near future to start a church in what I hear is an incredible city...... is coming to our church to visit! My dad met him at the pastors' conference a few weeks ago, and invited him out to share with us what the Lord's doing in their lives. I'm excited to hang out with him and his wife, and for my church to catch more of the vision of what God's doing in Europe!! Dear Europe..

Oh, how great is Your goodness, which You have laid up for those who fear You,
which You have prepared for those who trust in You, in the presence of the sons of men!
Psalm 31:19

No comments: