30 December 2012

Set your mind on things above..

And not on things on the earth.

I'm reading Anne of the Island again, and loving it of course. This passage struck me the other day. How easy it is to get so caught up in the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches, and, with very little effort, have all your treasure stored up on earth and not in the heavenlies.

In reading through the Bible this year, my goal is simple: to see things from an eternal, heavenly, spiritual perspective, and not merely in terms of the temporal, earthly, physical. Not simply to read for my own benefit, but to see the Divine purposes worked out and fulfilled- both in Scripture and my life. To set my mind on things above and not on things on earth.

I want my treasure stored in heaven.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have read Anne of the Island and this passage many times, but I have never really thought about how the author is sharing thoughts about storing our treasures on earth instead of heaven! Thanks for sharing! I want to re-read the book again now! This was a good reminder to me that I need to look for spiritual signifigance everywhere - not just, when I am reading my Bible. :)