27 September 2008

blessing!

SO this week the Lord put it on my heart to pray and really ask Him to provide for me. so i did.
He's also lately been putting on my heart the verse that 'you have not because you ask not'- so i need to start asking, even in silly little things that i don't think really count, or that i think aren't really worth praying about!
WELL- i asked the Lord to provide shoes. and if you know me, especially if you're my family, you know that i love shoes. i even have a certain younger sibling who likes to remind me of how many shoes i have, and that i probably don't need any more. i know, it's sometimes a little bit silly, but i love shoes. and cute shoes too! not necessarily practical ones!
so i prayed a practical prayer. i asked for practical shoes. i live in Germany. it rains in Germany. almost every day. [not quite, but sometimes it feels like it!] and when all of your shoes leak, have holes, or are meant for sunny summer days.. wintertime can be quite a troublesome thought.
so, knowing this, and using my God-given and Germany-instilled practicality, i knew i needed waterproof shoes that were comfortable enough to walk in a lot.
so i asked for a pair of shoes that were practical and waterproof and reasonably priced, and if at all possible, cute.
and today, He gave them to me!
they cost 4,50 Euro at the Halle [second hand store], they are made of leather, they are really comfortable, and they're practically new. and while He could have given me practicality-to-the-core shoes [aka ugly], instead He gave me cool ones!
AND- just to show me that He really cares about my silly little desires- He also gave me a cute [although not quite so practical] pair of shoes yesterday, just out of the kindness of His heart [and via the generosity of one of His daughters!]. :)
here is the evidence! praise the Lord!


Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him
How I've proved Him o'er and o'er
Jesus, Jesus, Precious Jesus
Oh for grace to trust Him more!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Annie you're so cute. i love your new shoes, very practical indeed. ;) praise Him for the ways He provides!

Bini said...

God is just so good.. and he will provide for everzthing. The onlz thing we have to do is to be patient!! I'm learning with you!! :-)