07 February 2009

first week: check.

Week One is officially over!! I'm tired.

But it was a good week. Registration felt like a breeze compared to last semester, and classes seem to be going well. My first class was on Wednesday night. I have 6 students, some who lead worship and others who don't, but all seemed pretty excited to be there [and nobody fell asleep]. We did a little intro on Who we worship and why.. and then studied through John 4 to see all about worshiping in Spirit and in truth. I think the weirdest thing about teaching the class [so far] is that as soon as you're finished teaching one week, you need to start on the next week. It'll be a good lesson in diligence, I am certain.

What else happened this week... I worked the school coffeebar a couple times, led worship at Chosen Girls [which went really well, and I had a great time with the girls!!], and spent the whole day today in Eisenach and/or the bus.

It also must be duly noted that my roommate, Katha, and our friend Sabine, and I are more or less addicted to the lovely treat known as a homemade latte macchiato. It's just so good... especially when served in a tall sturdy glass, with a long spoon and a lot of foam. Mmm. We have a lot of fun in our house!! Katha also recently invested in a raclette grill.. and we have a raclette party with different people at least once a week [still smells like chicken in here]. Plus we found a set of 6 really cute little white bowls, which are perfect for our lovely grilling delight. [If you don't know what raclette is... it's really fun, and a wonderful German tradition. It makes dinner a long, creative, and very enjoyable experience. So come over and have some!!]

Oh! I got an amazing little German hymnal from the Halle! I found it in the back last week, and asked Christina to put my name on it, for whenever they got around to pricing it. Then Karen showed up at my door last night with it all wrapped up for me! What a delightful surprise! It's SO cute, with an embossed leather cover and amazing little clasp, and it's from 1901, and in beautiful condition. Hooray! I've been wanting an old little hymnal for ever so long.. and now I have one, and it's even in German, how handy.

2 comments:

jessica reid. said...

i miss you, annie-bananie. it's a fact.

love, reid.

Tamiko said...

Oh Annie! You make everything sound so amazing out there!! I was thinking about you guys this morning and made me miss it so much.

But God is so good. I love it here and the Bible college and I'm glad to be back and start serving here again as well as...finding a part time job! Horray!