08 September 2010

night on the town.

tomorrow shall be a fairly normal day. bake bread. go to work. finish a project.
but übermorgen [the day after tomorrow, which happily coincides with friday] shall be a different story entirely.
for we are going to the opera.

upon re-entering the land of my birth last winter, i created a short 'bucket list' for myself. it's called "my top ten."
number two on said list is as follows:
2. see an opera

dearest friends, i am delighted to announce that this fond heart's desire has been granted. actually, having attended La Boheme and Carmen in beautiful Prague this past June, it shall soon be thrice-fulfilled.
on friday evening, my mother, grandmother, and i are going to the opening night of the St Paul Chamber Orchestra's 2010-2011 season.
the event?

dooooon giovaaaaaacan't you just feel the vibrato?aaaaniiiiii!
[kindly sing the aforementioned line in bass; if unfamiliar with the tune, prithee with all due haste acquaint yourself!]

i shall be wearing a black satin hepburnish dress and black alligator peep-toes, with the dangliest earrings you've ever beheld, and my hair piled sky-high atop a graceful head. [fear not- we're in the back row, so no unfriendly reproaches from backdoor neighbors at low altitudes shall be needful.]

all i need are opera glasses and a mink stole.

3 comments:

Alisha Wisener said...

My Mom has a mink! If only it could be electronically transferred!

fare thee well! I am so happy to hear of this adventure!

andrea k. said...

amazing! if only.
thanks :)

Dameria said...

Anni, I just love your blog :-)
Wish you a great time at the opera! Anna and me saw Don Giovanni years ago in Prague, as a string puppet event, wrapped in thick jackets, shawls and gloves and wearing underpants in the midst of january. Quite different than your visit, I suppose.