06 September 2011

bristol!


Fae and jet-lagging Nannie!

flight #1: i was the last person to get a seat assignment and get on the flight.
flight #2: i was the only standby person who was immediately cleared and given a ticket!

got in really early to heathrow, but stood in the customs line for an hour, so i got out of baggage claim on time.
handed off a box of books to a friend who met me at the gate, and hopped on the bus to bristol.

my bus drivers were very nice. one was a big friendly giant who asked me where i was going, and the other was a fairly average guy whose language was utterly incomprehensible to me. i suppose it must have been english? he mentioned something about the weather being lovely, and i said, "oh yes, beautiful."

it's been rainy off and on all day. british weather is quite cozy.

got to bristol at noon, conor and fae picked me up, and we ate a sandwich before walking home.
hannah got off work and we had coffee, went for a walk up the hill a bit, had some baked potatoes, and now fae's in bed.

trying to make my 2 hours of sleep last night last me until a decent bedtime tonight. we'll see how it goes.
cheers from bristol!
xo a.

3 comments:

Mom said...

oh how cute! she must be friendly to already let you hold her!

Alisha Wisener said...

I'm so glad you made it safely! :) Midwest weather just got blustery and cozy too!

Michelle Bass said...

Awesome :)