10 February 2012

so send i you

Moses’ experience was of the type in which the certainty is brought home that God has been preparing you for something, and you realize that you have the power potentially to do what He wants. You can recall the perfect reality of the vision, the clear understanding of what God said to you then. You say - ‘I know He said it, I almost saw Him, it was so real. I know God called me to be a missionary - but it was a long time ago, and I suppose I was mistaken, for look at me now, something in an office.’ You know you were not mistaken. The call was right, but you were not ready for it. God has to season us, there has to be a time of humiliation before the vision is turned into verity. We have to learn not only how useless we are, but how marvellously mighty God is. ‘Many are called, but few prove the choice ones.’


Let God put you on His wheel and whirl you as He likes, and as sure as God is God and you are you, you will turn out exactly in accordance with the vision He gave you. Don’t lose heart in the process.
Oswald Chambers, So Send I You

1 comment:

Kat said...

This speaks to my heart so much. thanks friend. love. k.