29 November 2007

mercy.

at our ladies' bible study last night, we were reminded through 1 peter 2 that when the condemnation of the world is heaped upon us, the mercies of God that stretch to the very heavens are upon us. we are pilgrims and sojourners in this temporal land, but oh! the mercies, all surpassing, all encompassing, new every morning.

..who were not a people but now are the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy. Beloved, I beg you as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul.. 1 peter 2:10-11

The LORD is in His holy temple, the LORD's throne is in heaven; His eyes behold, His eyelids test the sons of men. psalm 11:4

But I have trusted in Your mercy; my heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.
I will sing to the LORD, because He has dealt bountifully with me. psalm 13:5-6

psalm 15:1- Lord, who may abide in Your temple? Who may dwell in Your holy hill?
the footnote in my Bible says that abide can also be sojourn. we are sojourners here on earth, but what a privilege for us to sojourn in His presence.

amen!