27 March 2009

der erste Neffe

my 2-year-old nephew, if you didn't already know, is amazing.

i got to talk to him on skype for quite a while last night. he has become quite a talker! before when i would talk to him, he'd point at the answer. not last night. oh, no. he's a big guy. a big talking guy.

he gave me a run-down of the whole alphabet [and had me practice writing them for him :)], the do-re-mi song, counted 1-10, practiced his colors and shapes, told me where mom and dad went [to the muffin house, of course], informed me of several new additions to the Animal-Sounds department, practiced his Minnesotan accent [oh ja!], and said three things which made his far-away auntie ever so proud.

"i- love- you" followed by "i miss you" [and a bunch of kisses blown at the screen]
and the icing on the cake? "Ah-nee!" "Ah-neeee" "Aaah-nee!" [he can finally say my name, woohoo!]

it was so sweet to talk with him and the rest of my family. and in less than 2 weeks there will be another nephew to add to the fun! :)

love you, family.

3 comments:

Tyler Johnson said...

And when you come home "Oohhh Der Ahneee! Ahneee! Der Ahnee!"

andrea k. said...

:) exactly. i can hardly wait!

saranel said...

i just love how proud you are