01 June 2009

surprise.

so yesterday at church, sarah kelly came over and said, "i want to hear you play." and i said, "ok." and she said "tonight." and by "tonight," she meant at her concert! i didn't quite know what to expect, or at what time to expect it, but figured if it was supposed to happen, it would happen.

the show progressed, was quite enjoyable, and the place was packed. it came to the end, she played the last song, we applauded. they left the stage, and after a bit, they returned to the stage for an encore. she sat down again and said "i'm going to do something a little different for the encore. i met a girl yesterday who picked me up from holland, and she plays and sings too. i haven't heard her yet, but i thought we could all hear her play together." and with that i walked up to the stage, she took my hand and gave me a nice little intro, and then sat down in the front row.

the stage was mine, the lights were bright, the monitors were good and loud. i played a song i wrote a couple summers ago, and every once in a while i opened my scrunched-shut eyes to peek out at all the onlookers. [i have to say, i don't get nervous leading worship.. but performing in front of a crowd that size is a little daunting!] i finished, the clapping began, and i looked up to see people popping up all over the place. our sweet church gave me a standing ovation. 

such an opportunity wasn't something i expected, or even sought. but the Lord showed me a little lesson last night, that in being faithful in the small things, in "dwelling in the land and feeding on His faithfulness," He likes to bless our simple hearts with spots of joy here and there. i don't know what else He has in store for me down the road, but for now i'm content to be right here where He has me, and to wait and watch Him work. He's pretty good at doing that! 

and that little song that He put on my heart one night on the prairie was heard by a room full of ready hearts.. and i pray that He used it to glorify Himself, and maybe He even used it to bless somebody else's heart, just like He blessed mine.

though the fig tree may not blossom, nor fruit be on the vine, I delight to do Your will, O God, for this has become mine:
i will rejoice in the Lord.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Annie- that's great! I would have been so nervous and shaking, I could not have "wung it" like you did : ) Hope things are going well for you dear! Give yourself a hug from me ; )

*Kerstin* said...

Annie!!! Wow :) I wish I could have heard it!!!!!!
Now I'm even more sad that I was sick!!!
Oh how great!
May God bless you for being faithful in the things that you are doing for him!
Be blessed love

Melissa Rae said...

That is so sweet Annie! What a testimony of how God blesses His obedient children. I am encouraged. Thank you.

Unknown said...

really awesome!

Tamiko said...

Awwwwwwesome! I wish that I was there too and hear your beautiful music. I really do miss hearing you worshiping the Lord.