22 July 2008

update.



time is winding down at an uncanny [defined as strange or mysterious] pace. i've been home since june 11th, and now my departure date is a mere 2 weeks away!
home has been amazing. it's been incredibly busy, but i've been blessed with a great job and lots of hours, and lots of time with my family. we all went on vacation to northern wisconsin/minnesota in early july, and i've been able to attend many of my little [i refer to age, not size] brothers' soccer games, coached by my dad. this past weekend they won the district championship, so we're going to state on friday! 2 years ago their team placed second in the state tournament in a double overtime match. so this weekend should be exciting.
as noted in the previous post, i attended the Madden wedding in Appleton, Wisconsin, last weekend. it was a wonderful time, despite an almost 9-hour drive in each direction by myself. i noticed a trend in myself that after about 7 hours in a car by myself, intense boredom sets in, which generally results in some form of photographic adventure whilst zipping along the road at a good 70-mph clip. my time in wisconsin was a huge blessing; i was able to hang out with some other bible college grads from all over the Lower 48, meet a few new friends from wisconsin, and celebrate a very joyous occasion of a couple soon to be on their way to Anchorage, Alaska. most of you know Peter and Jessica, so i'm sure you echo my excitement on their behalf!
yesterday was basically my first day off at home [meaning no work, day-long projects, or long car rides] since i arrived, and it was amazing! i rode a bike to the library, and picked up my annually-read favourite book. it's Louisa May Alcott's "An Old-Fashioned Girl," and it's quite the most enjoyable and recommendable piece of literature i've ever devoured.
i spent a while yesterday posting pictures online from the past few months; you can view them on my picasa if you'd like.
tomorrow my friend jessica is coming over with her brother and sister-in-law and we're going to make Thai food! pineapple curry, here we come.
to those of you in germany, i'll see you in 2 weeks! i arrive the 6th of august. to those of you elsewhere, you're in my thoughts and prayers! may the Lord draw each of us ever nearer to His precious side. He is so good- He continues to bless my heart and blow me away with His grace. the epistle of 1 John has been speaking depths to my heart lately. all about Life, and walking in Love, and the Fellowship we have in Christ! oh so rich! i love the Living-and-Activeness of the Word.
Bis bald, und Gott segne euch!
annie.

No comments: