14 December 2010

cafilornia! [sic]

well, i've made a purchase. there's no going back now.

i'm going to california in less than 3 weeks. for 8 days. i'm going to see so many beloved friends i can hardly handle it.

missions conference is first on the agenda. it's going to be amazing. actually, it could very well be overwhelming, with so many people to see and hug and catch up with, and so many coffees to drink, and so much richness and encouragement to soak in, and so many hot springs in which to dip my toes.

i am super excited that my roommate-to-be is none other than the amazing aan-sofie, who is visiting well-nigh half of the european union on her flights back over from ireland! i can't wait to hang out with her!

and i'll get to see her parents, who also double as my adopted parents and dearly loved director and wife from my years in germany!

and i'll get to hang out with my new pastor and his family who are flying in from england!

and i had better be seeing vanessa sanchez!

..and untold numbers beyond those. i have high hopes.

after the conference, i'll finally be making my way up to the famed 805 for a long-awaited visit with my dear friend hannah! she and her husband and adorable daughter will be moving to england [only a few hours from where i'll be] in february, just like me. so blessed to have time with them before we all head out.

oh, so much goodness. i'll get to see the sun, too!!

1 comment:

Tamiko said...

Annie, lots and lots of my friends from Okinawa will be at the conference! You should look for a group of Japanese ladies and a loud pastor named Tommy Ruiz! I wish I could be there too--! Have a blessed time.