10 November 2011

if i had a boat.

i am:
too cozy in my house to go out to the store. it's only a block away.
currently convinced: when all else fails, eat some drop. [drop is dutch salty black licorice- takes some getting used to, like sushi. but it really hits the spot!]
thinking and thinking about options. but not afraid.
ready to get some new music. it's wintertime now.
wanting to read. thoreau. poets. baking books. something long and classic.
blessed by the fellowship of believers. wirklich. last night in münster was an enormous encouragement to all of us involved, i'd say.
spending the evening with my prayer outreach sisters. it's never boring when we're together!
missing my typewriter. and my bike. and the option of listening to records.
not terribly sad about the imminent possibility of snow.
but i am terribly sad to leave germany right before christmas market season!
not as great at german as i imagine. deutsche ehrlichkeit. but i'm definitely not opposed to improvement.
glad to see my family and my home soon.
bewildered by the fact that i've been in europe nearly 10 weeks.. and the seasons have now changed twice.
proud to say that i did not fall prey to temptation in the shoe store last night.
determined to finish knitting my socks.
likewise determined to get creative once i'm home.
excited to celebrate my nephew's 5th birthday with him. he was born my first semester in germany. time flies, even though so much good stuff is packed in there!
blessed.
going to the store now.

3 comments:

Sara said...

i miss your typewriter too.

Brittany W said...

I am so happy for all the great things you got to experience in the last 10 weeks! Equally excited for all that awaits you in MN!

Anonymous said...

Been fun following your mission adventure! MN will welcome you back.