19 November 2011

samstag.

it's snowing.
i made banana cream cake.
nephews are coming over to play.
i brought about a thousand bags of tea home.. well, almost anyway.
my home is so cozy.
i in my savior am happy and blessed.
life can change in a moment, so enjoy every bit of it.
thanksgiving is in 5 days. i get to help cook and bake this year!!
i need to unpack.
i couldn't handle the thought of snow until today. it seemed too soon. and now, having had one full day of gazing at the stark, bleak, midwestern beauty [muted tans and greens and greys and dark evergreens.. it's really my favorite palette ever, maybe even moreso than norwegian fjörd palette...maybe], it was just time today. besides, snow-white the color goes so beautifully with stark and bleak. so, hello winter. don't stay as long as last year please, but i'll enjoy you nevertheless.
gemütlichen=cozy.
it's time to read Apple Tree Christmas.
x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hehe :) I love this!
Everytime I go to England I bring home a bunch of tea (I read in your other post that you stopped in England) but were you there the whole time, or somewhere else exactly?
Why Iceland? What's there? I haven't heard so much about it... except that its green. You should just go.
I'M SOOOO HAPPY THANKSGIVING IS SO CLOSEEEEE!!! I hope its great this year!